Author Topic: Stargate remake hires writers  (Read 6340 times)

Offline Winchester

• On active duty
    • View Profile
Stargate remake hires writers
« on: March 30, 2015, 10:59:28 AM »
Did you know the creator of the original Stargate movie is in the early stages of making a new trilogy. I was hoping for a new series, but I suppose they have to start somewhere to see if people are still interested.  I know I've been waiting for a new movie or series for far to long. I lost hope of anything new coming out of stargate years ago.

Here's a couple of links to what I found.

(http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/02/04/stargate-remake-hires-writers)

(http://www.gateworld.net/news/2015/02/stargate-film-remake-hires-writers/)

Offline blevok

• Fleet Commandant
  • On active duty
  • Kek'tar!
    • View Profile
Re: Stargate remake hires writers
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2015, 12:19:45 PM »
Yeah it was announced about a year ago.  We've all been following the developments closely, but unfortunately it's still gonna be while before we see it.  Devlin and Emmerich are also responsible for independence day, and it will be getting made first.

Lots of people are pretty upset that the TV storylines won't be continued, but i'm sure this is probably the best idea for the future of stargate.  There's too much time investment required for a noob to get caught up, so starting fresh will make it easier for new fans to understand.  And i don't really consider it a totally fresh start since it will be based on the original movie.

I'm personally very stoked for this, and i only hope that negative attitudes from fans don't kill the concept like it did with SGU.

Offline Winchester

• On active duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2015, 04:06:31 PM »
This news is a year old. I'm surprised that a Stargate based website don't have anything posted about this wonderful news. You know for people like me who think's that the Stargate franchise is dead.

Blevok I don't think we will see much negative attitudes from fans like we did in SGU. Just for the simple fact that there has been nothing out of Stargate for years. In my opinion anything new should be welcomed with open arms. And don't forget that they canceled SGA for SGU which I believed lead to the down fall of SGU and the franchise in general.

Offline blevok

• Fleet Commandant
  • On active duty
  • Kek'tar!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2015, 10:05:56 PM »
Well i've seen lots of haters posting comments on the various articles that i've read.  Just like with SGU, some people will just say, it's not sg1 related, or, not what i'm used to, so i'm not watching it... Fortunately these will be feature films, so they won't really be relying solely on existing fans for their success.

Like many people, i'm guilty of not being very happy with SGU when it first aired, but since i'm a gate-whore, i watched it anyway.  However, after re-watching it a couple years later, it was a lot better than i thought, and then i was really bummed that it ended.  Of course i would have preferred that SGA continued instead, or ran concurrently with SGU, but i'll take what comes and i'll be grateful for it.  I'm just really hoping that it's not god-awful like the new star trek movies...lol

Offline Winchester

• On active duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2015, 12:55:33 PM »
I never gave SGU a chance when it first came out. Mostly because I was a big fan of SGA and I wanted to see the wraith destroyed like the Goa'uld system lords. It wasn't until SGU was already canceled that I bothered to watch the show. I immediately regretted not giving SGU a chance, the show had a great cast and story.